Some general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Viibryd include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- Each dose should be taken with food. Viibryd may not work as well if taken on an empty stomach.
- This medication can be taken in the morning or the evening. If it makes you drowsy, try taking it at night. If it keeps you awake, take it in the morning.
- Try to take this medication at the same time each day to keep an even level in your bloodstream.
- For Viibryd to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
The dose of Viibryd your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Viibryd
- Other medications you are taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Viibryd Dosage for more information.)
Are There Side Effects?Just like any medicine, Viibryd can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. Most people tolerate it quite well.
If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious reactions are less common.
Some of the most common side effects of Viibryd include but are not limited to:
(Click Viibryd Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)