What Is Insomnia?
People with insomnia have one or more of the following symptoms:
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Waking up often during the night and having trouble going back to sleep
- Waking up too early in the morning
- Having unrefreshing sleep.
Wellbutrin SR and Insomnia: Suggestions
Some people taking Wellbutrin SR find that improving their sleep habits can be an effective cure of insomnia. Some tips for better sleep include:
- Keeping a regular sleep-wake cycle. Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day.
- Avoiding caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine in the four to six hours before bedtime.
- Avoiding exercise within two hours of bedtime. Exercising five or six hours before bedtime may help you sleep more soundly.
- Avoiding large meals within two hours of bedtime.
- Napping no later than 3 p.m.
- Sleeping in a dark, quiet room at a comfortable temperature.
- Doing a quiet activity somewhere else if you can't fall asleep within 20 minutes. Return to bed when you're sleepy.
- Winding down in the 30 minutes before bedtime with a relaxing pre-sleep ritual, such as a warm bath, soft music, or reading.