Effects of Wellbutrin SRStudies of Wellbutrin (the short-acting version of Wellbutrin SR) have shown that the medication is effective for depression treatment. While it is assumed that Wellbutrin SR is equally effective, the same studies have not been performed with this drug.
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations for when and how to take Wellbutrin SR include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually twice a day.
- Be sure to swallow the tablets whole. They should not be cut, crushed, broken, or chewed.
- You can take Wellbutrin SR with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Wellbutrin SR should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For Wellbutrin SR to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Wellbutrin SR your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Wellbutrin SR Dosage for more information.)