Wellbutrin SR Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Take Wellbutrin SR?
You should not take Wellbutrin SR if you:
- Are allergic to Wellbutrin SR, bupropion hydrochloride, or any of the inactive components used to make Wellbutrin SR. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients used to make Wellbutrin SR.
- Are taking other medications containing bupropion, including Aplenzin™, Budeprion SR®, Buproban®, Budeprion XL®, Forfivo™ XL, Wellbutrin®, Wellbutrin XL®, and Zyban®.
- Have a seizure disorder.
- Have anorexia or bulimia.
- Abruptly stop using alcohol or sedative medications, such as alprazolam (Xanax®), diazepam (Valium®), clonazepam (Klonopin®), lorazepam (Ativan®), and many other medications.
- Have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) within the past two weeks. MAOIs can include:
Wellbutrin SR Warnings and Precautions: Summary
There are several situations in which Wellbutrin SR should not be taken, as well as a number of precautions and warnings people should be aware of with Wellbutrin SR. However, it is possible that not all of the warnings and precautions for Wellbutrin SR were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the Wellbutrin SR warnings and precautions that may apply to you.