What Is Insomnia?
People with insomnia have one or more of the following symptoms:
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Waking up often during the night and having trouble going back to sleep
- Waking up too early in the morning
- Unrefreshing sleep.
Wellbutrin XL and Insomnia: Suggestions
Some people taking Wellbutrin XL find that improving their sleep habits can be an effective insomnia cure
. Some tips for better sleep include the following:
- Keep a regular sleep-wake cycle. Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine in the four to six hours before bedtime.
- Refrain from exercise within two hours of bedtime. Exercising five or six hours before bedtime may help you sleep more soundly.
- Avoid large meals within two hours of bedtime.
- Refrain from taking a nap after 3 pm.
- Sleep in a dark, quiet room at a comfortable temperature.
- Do a quiet activity somewhere else if you can't fall asleep within 20 minutes, and return to bed when you're sleepy.
- Winding down in the 30 minutes before bedtime with a relaxing pre-sleep ritual, such as a warm bath, soft music, or reading.