Wellbutrin XL and Suicide
Wellbutrin XL and Suicide: SuggestionsYour healthcare provider should monitor you (or your child) carefully when first starting an antidepressant. Be watchful for any signs of suicidal behavior. Contact your healthcare provider right away if you (or your child) have any of the following:
- Thoughts about death or committing suicide
- Suicide attempts
- Depression or anxiety that is new or worse
- Agitation, restlessness, or panic attacks
- Trouble sleeping (insomnia)
- Irritability that is new or worse
- Aggressive, angry, or violent behavior
- Acting on dangerous impulses
- An unusual increase in talking or activity
- Other strange changes in mood or behavior.
Also, be sure to talk to your healthcare provider about the risks and benefits of using Wellbutrin XL in children and teenagers. He or she may suggest other options for the treatment of depression.