General Information on Taking Wellbutrin XL
Considerations for people taking Wellbutrin XL
include the following:
- Wellbutrin XL should be taken in the morning. Taking it later in the day may increase your risk of insomnia.
- It usually takes four weeks (or longer) before feeling the full beneficial effects of Wellbutrin XL. Try not to be discouraged if the medication does not work right away for you.
- You can take Wellbutrin XL with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Be sure to swallow the tablets whole. They should not be cut, broken, chewed, or crushed.
- Wellbutrin XL should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- People with liver problems, such as liver failure or cirrhosis, will need lower doses of Wellbutrin XL.
- For the medication to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Wellbutrin XL will not work if you take it differently from how your healthcare provider recommends.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Wellbutrin XL or your Wellbutrin XL dosage, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.