Dosing InformationThe dose of Wellbutrin XL your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Wellbutrin XL Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of Wellbutrin XLAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Wellbutrin XL. However, not everyone who takes it will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate the medication quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
The most common side effects of Wellbutrin XL include:
- Dry mouth (see Wellbutrin XL and Dry Mouth)
- Weight loss (see Wellbutrin XL and Weight Loss)
- Insomnia (see Wellbutrin XL and Insomnia)
(Click Wellbutrin XL Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report to your healthcare provider.)
You can also read about specific side effects in the following eMedTV articles:
- Wellbutrin XL and Hair Loss
- Wellbutrin XL and Suicide
- Wellbutrin XL and Weight Gain
- Wellbutrin Seizures.