Zoloft can potentially interact with a number of medicines (see Zoloft Drug Interactions for more information).
Before taking Zoloft, let your healthcare provider know if you have:
- Bipolar disorder or a family history of bipolar disorder (also known as manic depression)
- A history of suicide attempts or suicidal thoughts
- A recent history of heart attack (or if you have unstable heart disease)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Liver disease, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, preservatives, or latex.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Zoloft and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Zoloft and Breastfeeding).
In addition, tell your healthcare provider about all medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Zoloft Precautions and Warnings to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)