Depression Home > Forfivo XL
Forfivo XL is long-acting medicine used to treat depression. There is only one standard dosage, and the tablets only have to be taken once daily. It works by affecting certain chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced in people with depression. Some of the commonly reported side effects include headaches, insomnia, and constipation.
What Is Forfivo XL?Forfivo™ XL (bupropion XL) is a prescription medication approved for the treatment of depression. It is a long-acting medication and is the only high-dose (450 mg), once-a-day bupropion product available.
How Does Forfivo XL Work?Forfivo XL is a norepinephrine and dopamine reuptake inhibitor, or NDRI for short. NDRIs act on specific chemicals within the brain known as norepinephrine and dopamine. These are two of several chemicals used to send messages from one nerve cell to another.
- Aplenzin® (bupropion hydrobromide), a once-a-day version
- Wellbutrin® (bupropion hydrochloride), a short-acting version
- Wellbutrin SR® (bupropion SR), a sustained-release version taken twice a day
- Budeprion SR®, a generic version of Wellbutrin SR®
- Wellbutrin XL® (bupropion XL), a long-acting, once-a-day version
- Budeprion XL®, a generic version of Wellbutrin XL
- Zyban® (bupropion SR), a sustained-release version used for smoking cessation
- Buproban®, a generic version of Zyban.